Saturday, January 18, 2014

Kenya Experiences ~ Rhia

                           


   My main goal on this trip was to NOT get sick.  The past 2 trips to Kenya just about landed me in the hospital both times.  The first was food poison. I honestly don't remember the trip back home, which is probably a blessing.  The second was last year when I boarded the plane to Kenya with an ear infection which turned into a huge fiasco when the infection entered my bloodstream. Needless to say, everyone was wary of me taking this trip.
    I should have known better than to think that my God couldn't handle this.  He had big plans for us on this trip and that included me not getting sick! :) There were so many things we wanted to accomplish on this trip and I believe we we were very successful.
    The best part for me hands down was being with all those street children that joined us for a wonderful meal. Seeing all those babies with plates overflowing with food was the greatest feeling. Our first trip as 29:11, Inc. was a success. It was better than we could have imagined. But of course with all the wonderful, there is also a bit of heartache, growing pains you could say.  But again, our God is big enough to take care of all that, too!

Rhia

No comments:

Post a Comment