Saturday, January 18, 2014

Kenya Experiences ~ Kara


It's amazing what God can do and WILL do when you are willing to move in obedience . Let's get real for a moment; the trip to Kenya is not cheap. Playing musical children and arranging for care for three kids at home is not easy. Taking time off work and preparing my household to be gone for that extended period of time doesn't come without trials... But it comes with blessings! God has blessed me over and over for doing what He has called me to do . Stepping out in faith towards the bigger picture of what God has in store for His children is big....very big...like B.I.G big. God has a plan for these sweet children. He has already proclaimed it, a hope and a future. He needs me to carry out His plan. Me. A measly West Virginia girl with a lot of faith and a heart for His work. He needs all of us. I know in my heart that God is not calling every one of us to get on a plane and fly to Kenya ( or any of the other countries we hope to journey to). He is though calling each of us to do our part. Spend some time with him, in prayer, and let Him tell you where He wants you. We are all a piece of the puzzle. Spending time with those precious children, with my Kenyan friends and alongside my 29:11 Inc sisters has shown me that we each have a piece of the puzzle and each piece is needed to complete Gods greater picture.  This isn't just about a feeding program in Kakamega Kenya... It's about actually listening to what God wants us to do. We need to open our hearts to hear what He is telling us our role is... Because He will tell us and when He tells us He will expect us to act on it. The action is the hard part...but it's our piece of His puzzle.
Kara




No comments:

Post a Comment